Wednesday, December 19, 2012

'Tis the week before Christmas ...

... and all through the house, not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings are hung by the chimney with care. The decorated tree looks good over there.
And I'm in my 'jammies, despite things to do, but, boy, am I sick!  At least it's not flu.

Just when you think you've got everything figured out and neatly fit into a manageable schedule, life throws a curve ball (or three) forcing a re-prioritization of "things". That's how the last few days have been around here. You never know what the day will bring!

But at the end of the day, it does help to remember ....
What is done, is done;
What is left undone, remains undone.

From my cozy perch on the couch, covered with a blanket of fleece, I'm thinking about what gives me joy ... the presence of family and friends, gathering around the table - even for something as simple as soup and bread, watching the effects of Christmas magic on the face of a child, singing songs of old.

Today I don't have any profound dulcimer-playing words of wisdom other than this ...
Do what you love ~ love what you do. Take time to play some music!

The Light is descending, hopes are high. Embrace your family, the solstice is nigh.







No comments:

Post a Comment