Thursday, November 20, 2014

Setting up an Intentional Practice

In an effort to maintain a more deliberate and intentional practice I have adopted a new system for monitoring my progress. Using Google sheets, I’ve set up a spreadsheet that allows me to:
  • record time spent at the instrument
  • maintain a complete tune list at my fingertips  color coded, mind you ... red for a brand new tune, orange for a tune in process, green for a tune that has been mastered.
  • keep notes specific to each tune, i.e. accomplishments, goals, trouble spots, solutions to problems, current tempo, etc.

Only a week into it, the system seems to be working.  I had been feeling somewhat adrift in my practice, but this system keeps me on task and moving forward. I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment