Workshops, retreats, festivals help keep one on track along the musical journey. As we all know, it's not the destination ... you've got to enjoy the ride! It's nice to have some companions along the way.
What's to gain from attending dulcimer workshops?
- learn something
- be reminded of something you should have practiced / learned
- set new goals ... keep raising the bar
- enjoy different styles of playing and teaching
- be "wowed" but what can be done with the instrument
- maybe meet your role model / mentor / guru
- be inspired, maintain high level of self-motivation
- play lots of music
- meet old / new friends
For you Triangle Trapezoids, here's a quick rundown of what's coming up in OUR area:
- Black Mountain Music Festival is happening THIS week. Set a reminder for mid-October Black Mountain
- Dan Duggan workshop / concert, November 2/3 Cary Attend workshop on Saturday and / or concert on Sunday. Concert open to the public ... bring friends!
- Marya Katz MLK Day all-day workshop, January 20 Winston Salem
- Winston Salem Dulcimer Festival May 2 Winston Salem In 2020, hammered dulcimers will once again be included in this one-day event. Marya Katz teaching.