Thursday, December 4, 2014

A snapshot into my practice life ...

I said I would share how my newly structured practice is going. Here are some facts ... 

In one week's time I've spent 22 hours at the dulcimer in intentional practice.

I have focused on:

  • arranging(for myself & students) - notation is separate time.
  • backup (for 11 of the tunes listed below)
  • ear training (slow jams are good for that)
  • extended arpeggios and scale runs (exercises built out of actual tunes)
  • tremolos and triplets (within the context of tunes)
  • improved swing
  • increased tempo


In these tunes:

  • Albert Montmarquette's
  • Bach's Bourrée in Em
  • Beggar's Belief
  • Come Before Winter
  • Crested Hens
  • Done Gone
  • Falls of Richmond
  • Frenchie's
  • The Gale
  • Holme's Lane
  • La Valse Pour les Petites Jeunes Filles
  • Leather Britches
  • McDonald's
  • Reel de Montreal
  • Saudade de Uberaba
  • Shenandoah Falls
  • Turkey in the Straw
  • Valse Nadine
  • We Three Kings
Whew! Enough of this. I've got work - and play - to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment