Thursday, December 19, 2013

Have You Tuned Lately?

Oh, boy! 'Tis the season when every minute counts. One of my students explained why she had to cancel her lesson this week … "I'm under done and over booked." Ha! I can relate.

Then there's this crazy NC weather … warm and humid one day, cold and dry the next. The heat system is on. The heat system is off. The windows are open. The windows are closed. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy these variations and I'm always thankful for a sunny warm day this time of year. It's what allows me to garden year round.  BUT the dulcimer can be temperamental, subject to major mood swings. You know what I'm talking about. Don't you hate it when the instrument is so far out of tune you can't stand to play it in the solitary space of your personal practice? I think I speak for most players when I say I'd rather play than tune!

On the other hand, I'd rather tune a dulcimer than tune a fish, wouldn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment